How to Create Compelling & Optimized Content
In agreement with HubSpot, content creation is the ultimate inbound marketing practice, and brings in 3X as many leads as traditional marketing and costs 62% less. With that being said, a staggering 50% of content created goes unread.
The question is, how does one create compelling content that actually reaches your audience?
Create optimized content with SEO
Search engine optimization includes keyword research, technical optimizations, and strategic content creation to improve high-quality organic search traffic.
When searching for answers online, you’re typically searching using keywords to narrow down the results. For example, let’s say you want to know which phone offers the highest quality cameras. You might search using the keyword: best camera phones. You in turn will be brought to a results page with all of the pages that best match your keyword.
Because search results are pulling relevant website content related to keywords, it is imperative to recognize the direct relationship between content and SEO. This is why you want to create content that’s not only SEO optimized but also relevant and strong.
Take a look at some of the best practices listed below to incorporate into your content strategy:
Tips & tricks for gathering & identifying content that drives
- Effective website content starts with an inventory of current content. Use this audit discovery process to help outline your content goals, scope, objectives, and the tools necessary to keep your content manageable and relevant. Here’s a general guide and checklist for your reference:
- Improve or maximize your website’s readability with typography best practices. If you’re not setting up your content readability correctly, your audience might not even really comprehend, remember, or even bother reading your content at all.
- Focus on creating content that people are actually searching for, instead of guessing what you think they’ll find valuable. Use SEO tools like Moz or SEMRush to gather a list of topics and keywords that people in your industry are searching for. Then create content that answers those questions and provides more information on that topic or keyword.
- Make sure your CMS has a feature to maximize your website and blog SEO. It’s not just about using highly searched keywords, but it also about having good technical SEO, on-page SEO, and off-page SEO. When in doubt, follow these simple SEO guidelines to ensure your content is fully optimized for search engines.
- Focus on creating a human connection and proving helpful content that answers people’s questions instead of selling your service or product. This will help build trust and credibility with your audience.
- Create original content that is not duplicated. Type in your keyword in Google and see what content shows up. Try to add something new or different to your content that isn’t already on the page 1 search results.
Use content creation tools
As previously discussed, content is key to improving your website conversion rates. The best way to maximize the ROI of your content is to use content operations tools like GatherContent to help save time and improve the quality of your content.
Planning, organizing, and managing content across multiple systems with 100’s of stakeholders is chaotic. GatherContent tames the chaos with a single platform to manage the people and the process, and for producing effective content that meets user needs and business goals.
GatherContent helps teams:
1. Gather and organize content in one place
2. Plan, write, review, and approve content
3. Use customizable templates with your embedded content style guide
4. Build a content workflow and process
5. Align with cloud based, real-time content collaboration.
Content is Key
Creating content isn’t hard—creating content with just the right amount of keywords with optimal SEO, on the other hand, is the challenging part. Let Pyxl help create content for your business that’s compelling and SEO optimized so you can get back to doing what you do best: running your business. If you have any questions or feel a little overwhelmed, connect with us for extra help on your content strategy, content management, or any other website needs.
Updated: Dec 18, 2020