Why Telemedicine Marketing is More Important Than Ever
The Continued Rise of Telemedicine
The onset of innovative and modern technological advancements over the last two decades have made a notable difference in the medical field and in everyday life. Telemedicine in specific has changed the game when it comes to serving people throughout the world, no matter their contagion status, time zone, location, or other factors.
The adoption of telemedicine has increased significantly in the last decade as approximately more than 70 percent of urgent illness conditions can be taken care of with the help of telemedicine.
Telehealth is bridging the gap between people, physicians and health systems, enabling everyone, especially symptomatic patients, to stay at home and communicate with physicians through virtual channels, helping to reduce the spread of the virus to mass populations and the medical staff on the frontlines.Dedi Gilad, the CEO and co-founder of Tyto Care, a telemedicine technology company.
Telehealth Surges Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
With the COVID-19 pandemic, medical companies have been forced to turn to alternative ways of providing healthcare while limiting exposure to the virus. Telemedicine presented itself as the ideal solution to these pandemic concerns by limiting patient displacement to hospitals, allocating hospital capacity to important cases, and curbing the disease’s spread. The telemedicine trend, along with marketing tactics, have been catapulted by COVID-19. Telehealth visits have increased by 50% just in March alone. Specifically in the last month, the adoption of telemedicine shifted into hyper-drive, with virtual health-care interactions on pace to top 1 billion by year’s end.
Virtual care is proving to be an agent of change in these unprecedented times, and while complaints about healthcare costs and provider burnout abound in the industry, few innovations have prompted such sweeping and successful change as telehealth services. The telemedicine market is predicted to be worth more than $66 billion globally by 2021.
As hospitals have grown to depend on telehealth for delivering advanced care, they request new features and capabilities from their vendors to address even more sophisticated provider needs, prompting change within the healthcare industry and an increase in digital presence.
Why Marketing Your Telehealth Business is Important
As your medical company begins making the online shift, marketing your telehealth services becomes incredibly important to growing your practice. Without a strong digital presence, your telehealth company could potentially lose patients as they may choose your competitors without you even realizing it. Here are some ways to proactively digitize your medical business, showcase your telehealth services and gain more clientele:
- Build a responsive, mobile-friendly website, as about 67% of patients said that using telemedicine services would increase their satisfaction with medical care.
- Create a great user experience. Slow websites tend to frustrate users and lead to abandonment.
- Produce consistent, optimized telehealth content to stay connected to your current and potential patients, and showcase your thought leadership in the industry.
- Enhance lead generating activities by following pay-per-click advertising, blogging and social media.
- Leverage email marketing and automated email workflows to show your patients you are making moves in the telemedicine industry and keeping them up to date along the way.
- Utilize Google SEO tactics to improve your online presence. Showing up on the first page of Google’s search results makes it easier for current and future patients to learn about your business and services.
- Ask your current patients to write a positive review of your services. Patients are more likely to select a practice with better reviews.
What to Expect from Telemedicine
As we all get used to this new sense of normal amidst COVID-19, creating a positive digital space for your telehealth services is extremely influential. Telemedicine is paving the way for a new world of healthcare, and with that, marketing your services can only enhance how you interact with current patients and acquire new ones! The communication gap between patients and doctors has been reduced over the years thanks to technology, and we don’t see that changing anytime soon. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, patients are having to maintain a more cautious and aware minded lifestyle, so we can all expect telemedicine to be around for a while.
Do you need help marketing your current telemedicine business? We’d love to help you break into the market and stand out from the competition. At Pyxl, we design and develop websites and applications, as well as strategize custom digital and inbound marketing programs. We have extensive experience working with clients across the healthcare industry and are familiar with HIPAA and FDA regulations, especially as they relate to digital marketing. Interested in learning more? Contact us today!
Updated: Aug 27, 2020