We are a collection of creatives on a passionate and results-driven mission to design custom digital marketing solutions not just for our clients, but for their clients. We’re where the right brain meets the left brain and our strategy-based services are built on real relationships, not egos.
Our designers create with these end-users in mind, working closely with developers and content strategists to create interactive websites and applications. This includes collaborating on foundational elements like wireframes, sitemaps, and page level interactions, as well as final design concepts for clients that follow the latest best practices in UI/UX design.
Pyxl is a 13-year old agency that has launched hundreds of websites and digital marketing campaigns for start-ups, mid-market growth companies, and multi-billion dollar market leaders including ICON Health (NordicTrack), CSC Serviceworks, Medtronic, IBM, Booz Allen, Ramboll, Akima, RazorSync, TeamHealth, United States Air Force Academy, QTS, Fillauer and more. Over the last 12 years, our client’s customers have used our digital services to better learn, purchase or download concert tickets, handbags, furniture, clothing, sunglasses, home automation devices, hosting services, movie tickets, alcohol, trade shows, home security, healthcare services, mattresses, online courses, software, skincare products, hotel rooms, festival tickets, servers, medical devices, washing machines, pharmaceutical drugs, jobs, pet supplies, and endless charitable benefits and services. Beyond doing great work and earning lots of awards and recognition along the way, we also like to have fun. Sometimes that fun is in the office and oftentimes that fun is through Slack and Zoom, where we connect with our employees across every time zone across the US. Our virtual happy hours even attract our most introverted designers and engineers.
- Facilitate workshops/discussions with clients, helping create an understanding of brand promise, emotion, mood, and intent.
- Create mood boards, storyboards, animations, illustrations, style tiles, and other supporting assets
- Design innovative, engaging, responsive layouts and experiences prioritizing mobile-first and planning for progressive enhancement
- Present design solutions to client stakeholders, guiding them through the rationale behind our design decisions
- Collaborate with UX architects on wireframes, information architecture, and dynamic interactions
- Collaborate with front-end engineers on interactive elements and production-ready prototypes
- Iterate from sketches to comps and on to browser realizations
- Ensure concept compatibility with the reality of multi-device environments
- Develop style guides, annotated comps, user guides, and other deliverables to guide the holistic approach and maintenance of design solutions
- Experience with visual design for web and mobile
- Solid understanding of the web as a medium: HTML, CSS, web typography, responsive design, and what it means to realize designs in a multi-device world
- Demonstrated portfolio of compelling, engaging digital solutions and an ability to define what makes them successful
- Strong understanding of web interactions: patterns, best practices, common challenges, and solutions to those challenges
- Have a collaborative, self-motivated, “always-learning” spirit, interested in identifying and solving the web’s design challenges one experience at a time
- Experience with Sketch (preferred), Figma (optional), and various Adobe Creative Suite applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, etc.)
- Knowledge of office productivity software is also required in Slack, Word, Excel, Google Suite, etc. in a macOS environment.
Nice to Have
- Technical experience as a frontend or backend developer
- General digital marketing experience
- Experience with WordPress as a platform, beyond the typical “blog” use cases
- Understanding of content strategy, publishing workflows, and content management platforms
- Remote working experience appreciated